Wednesday, November 2, 2011

25 Things Your Boss Wants You to Know

http://www.fmss-crc.com/pdfs/grade%2012/English%20ENG%204C/Unit%202%20Activities/b.%20Things%20Your%20Boss%20Wants%20You%20to%20Know.pdf

This article was given to me by my career mentor at Wells Fargo and I thought it would be a good one to share with the class.  This article can have different meanings for different jobs and different positions within a company, but for the most part they can give us some general guidelines to follow.  As I read through this list of different things that most bosses expect you to know or do.  While I read down the list I checkmarked the expectations that I was meeting and left blank the ones that I was not.  It was suprising to see some of the different expectations that I did not mark.  Many of them I did not really think about on a daily basis, but all of them would help me to be more successful and move up in my job.  When I met with my mentor last week to discuss some of the things on the list that I did not think that I did on a daily basis we began to talk about what the upper management looks for when they are considering giving someon a promotion.  I think it is important to mention that my mentor is a VP of the relationship management side of Wells Fargo and has over 25 years of experience in the same industry at Wells Fargo so it is safe to say that she has seen what it takes to become successful.  Her take on these expectations is that these are what a boss wants to see when they are looking to make a promotion or give a raise, but that most employees are not even aware of a majority of these expectations.  In my opinion most of these expectations are attainable by almost any employee to some extent and this can serve as a guide to that next promtion.

No comments:

Post a Comment